Sunday, December 20, 2009

Getting Rawganized

It's been a while since I posted about food because I've been giving away cool prizes. And more are to come. My blog has grown more than I ever expected, and it (and myself) have experienced growing pains. I am behind on my book reviews, interviews, and haven't posted as much as I would like.

I realized I needed to get organized. My books, ebooks, notebooks, and DVD's were sprawled between my kitchen and top of the refrigerator. My friends kept telling me I needed a bookcase in my kitchen. I finally decided to use my children's bookcase, because the need was urgent. (I'll buy my kids another bookcase :-). The top shelf are my books I go to the most. The second shelf are bigger books, and ones I have to review. The bottom shelf holds my cooked vegan books.


I also organized my ebooks. I divided them into bread, entrees, desserts, soups, salads & dressings, and cheeses. I further broke them down into lasagna, hummus, salsa, and guacamole, of which I had multiple recipes.

This is what one half of my kitchen table and kitchen corner looked like. It's so embarrassing to admit this. I was always in my books, hence the mess.

But even after I got organized, I realized there was more to the journey. Organization is a big step in getting a raw kitchen together. But it's not the first step. From this chaos came an epiphany. My thoughts about my raw journey have changed.

Even after I wrote my Courage to Be a Raw Vegan post in September, I was still struggling. I called Tanisha Marshall for raw food coaching, but she is in transition and won't coach again for a few more months. I decided to become my own best client.

I had started blogging about "Steps to Raw" last year. I looked at that list again and changed my mind. The first steps to raw are internal. They have nothing to do with external things that you do. You could have a state-of-the-art eco-friendly, fully equipped raw kitchen, but if you are not ready, that kitchen will go to waste. Look at folks with exercise equipment under their beds, or collecting dust in a corner. It's not about the machines. It's about what is inside you.

I came up with fifteen to nineteen things I feel are important. The first seven focus on internal emotions. After I post about my trip through Light Eating for Survival, I will start The Raw Food Hero's Journey.

Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails