Friday, May 28, 2010

Step Eleven in the Raw Vegan Hero's Journey

11. I am a shining example of health
Inspired by the mythical Hero's Journey first compiled in The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell (photos, this time, are of REAL people on their own journeys).

You've been raw for a while.

You are feeling good.

People are asking you, "What are you doing different? You look amazing!"

Resist the urge to preach.

Simply share what you have been doing.

Everyone is not going to jump on your raw bandwagon at your speed. They will jump on at their speed.

At this point in your journey, rather than proselytize, be a shining example of health. Defy conventional wisdom about health, aging, athleticism, and nutrition. By "be-ing" the change you want to see, trust me, people will pay attention.

I've been using photos of fictional archetypes in the previous steps. Although there is one more step to go, I had to use photos and stories of real people this time. I am in awe of the three people I introduce to you today.



Marcus Patrick
Marcus is best known as an actor, but he is so much more than that. He is a personal trainer, holds a Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do, Life Coach, and committed raw vegan. I have spent a lot of time on his You Tube channel and on his blog, and I'd like to book a flight to Hawaii so I can train with him. Marcus has dedicated his life to helping others achieve the same level of fitness and health that he possesses. When I look at his videos I am amazed by his glow. Is he not a shining example of health?


Christy Dufell Seguin
I found out about Christy while doing a Google search on what to eat after exercising, specifically for a raw vegan. I browsed her site and was stunned when I saw her 40th birthday photos. She took them on February 7, 2009. I'm 38 and wouldn't yet wear a two-piece bikini in public. Christy has gorgeous photos of herself on her website.

 

Christy wrote me and said, "Just for full disclosure, I am not completely raw vegan anymore, due to the rigors of a competition diet. I am very open about this and feel it opens up great conversation and education. There are schools of thought that are quite compelling regarding raw animal products, for example--The Primal Diet by Aajonus Vanderplanitz."



I asked her if she was raw when she took her 40th birthday pics: "Yes, in my 40th birthday pics I was completely raw vegan (except for the VERY occasional sushi every other month or so--never could give that up 100%), and had been for about a year and a half at that point."



"I am still very high raw. For example, I eat sprouted oat groats instead of oatmeal. I never cook any of my veggies, except when my coach assigns me red potatoes. I eat my sweet potatoes raw--cut 'em into sticks, shake in a baggie with pumpkin spice--yum!!!"


Is she not a shining example of health?




Nature's Fitness Model Sherif Kamal

Sherif is the one who inspired me to write about real people this time. I first read about him on Facebook via an invitation by Richard "Raw" Tasca, Jr. I saw Sherif's photos and my jaw hit the floor.


Viktoras Kulvinskas, author of the 70s classic Survival in the 21st Century is also spreading the news about Sherif: "Sherif is known as Nature's Fitness Model, and in his first UFE (Ultimate Fitness Events) competition placed fourth, which qualifies him to go to the next level UFE Elite Competition in November. No drugs, no synthetic supplements. Just nature."


Sherif was named "Rising Star of the Month" by World Physique magazine. In his interview, I loved his passion for living naturally. Not only is his body beautiful, but so is his heart.
Is he not a shining example of health?

Be a walking billboard for raw vegan and natural living, and the world will come to you. The next, and final step, in your journey naturally follows.

Until then,
love,
Althea
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Evelyn Parham said...

Altheia, this post was inspiring. I was nice seeing some good looking, fit raw vegans. I'll book mark this and check out each person. Enjoy your weekend!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails