Monday, May 31, 2010

The Final Step in the Raw Vegan Hero's Journey

12. I am a teacher
Inspired by the mythical Hero’s Journey first compiled in The Hero with a Thousand Faces by Joseph Campbell (photos are of famous, recognizable characters on their own journeys).
Prior Steps:
1. I manifest the life that I want by proclaiming it in the NOW
2. I align myself with my core values
3. I am open and willing to change
4. I study to become a fantastic raw food chef.
4 1/2. I learn where my food comes from.
5. I develop a spiritual backbone.
6. I have allies, supporters and mentors.
7. I heal my relationship with food (I get an emotional grip)
8. I find emotional satisfaction in things other than food
8 ½. I practice forgiveness
9. I practice juice and smoothie fasting
10. I possess an unrelenting desire to heal
11. I am a shining example of health

You are the Hero of your own life. Life IS the Hero's Journey. As a raw vegan, you've decided to take control of your health, in a way that is comfortable for you, and gone against the grain (waaaaaaaaaaaaaay against the grain :-).

The student has become the master. Or, to quote Dr. Maya Angelou, "When you know better, you do better." Those who do better show others how to be better.

A teacher shares what she knows with love and compassion. Because of her "road of trials," she has healed herself and helps other people find their inner light as well.


Shrek, Fiona, and their babies


I've used fictional characters journeys from movies because they are a two-hour replication of real life. Back at Steps Five and Six of this journey, I listed the Top Worldwide movies of all time. All but one followed the Hero's Journey to the letter. These movies resonate deeply with us because we see ourselves in them. Do we not root for the Hero to rise to the challenges (the road of trials) and be "resurrected" so he can bring back a "reward" to his community?

In Shrek, the ogre wins the heart of Princess Fiona, ridding the land of Far, Far Away from the grip of the evil Lord Farquaad.

In the Wizard of Oz, Dorothy is transported to the Land of Oz only to learn that she already has everything she ever wanted.

In Titanic, Rose, with Jack's help, frees herself from a suffocating, abusive relationship, survives epic tragedy, and goes on live the life of her dreams.


Master Jedi Luke Skywalker


In Star Wars: Return of the Jedi, Luke has become a Jedi Master and forgives his father, allowing Darth Vader to redeem himself before his death.

In Cars, Lighting McQueen transforms himself from a bad-ass superstar into a race car with heart, transforming the dilapidated, forgotten town of Radiator Springs into a hot tourist spot.

In the darkened theatre, we are cheering the Hero, hoping he gets his act together and sees the light.

You, the Hero of your own life, have people (allies and mentors) cheering you on! For as you transform yourself, you give others permission to do the same thing. And that is the reward you bring to your community!

You have gone through all the steps with laughter and tears, and now it's time for you to step onto the stage to help others. A raw vegan teacher can do many things:

-Start a blog
-Teach raw food classes
-Start a YouTube Channel
-Become a raw food coach
-Become a chef
-Become a caterer
-Write books and ebooks
-Go on television
-Create endless possibilities for yourself!


But is it really The End? Movies must end, but life continues. The Raw Vegan Hero's Journey has many highs and lows. But the clarity, the energy, the vitality you feel are worth it. You are worth the journey. The world is waiting for you.

Thank you for reading.
Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Micah | Coffee Machines said...

Thank you for all the great posts! This one is explicit. I look forward to reading more interesting topics.

Vishal-Coffee Machine said...

Its really interesting story of Shrek:) i enjoy watching this movie.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails