Thursday, November 15, 2018

I Love and Approve of Myself


Saying "I love and approve of myself" in the mirror is one of the hardest things I have ever done. I have been doing this for years. I've been more serious about it for the past six months. Some days I believe it. Some days, I'm like, ::eye-roll:: "whatever."

Why am I bringing this up? And why is self-love the cornerstone of my belief system? Because what we think of ourselves becomes the truth for us.

From You Can Heal Your Life by Louise Hay:
Some of the ways we don't love ourselves:
- We scold and criticize ourselves
- We mistreat our bodies with food, alcohol, and drugs
- We choose to believe we are unlovable
- We are afraid to charge a decent price for our services
- We procrastinate on things that would benefit us
- We live in chaos and disorder
- We create debt and burdens
- We attract lovers and mates who belittle us

If we deny our good in anyway, it is an act of not loving ourselves.

The clip below is less than three minutes long. It's Louise explaining the power of  saying, "I love and approve of myself." If it resonates with you, let me know.



Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails