Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Starting the Fast

I'm starting my fast today, August 28, instead of September 2nd. I have no idea how long I am doing this. It will either be 21 days or 30 days. I'll simply see how I feel. Today is the start of the colon cleanse, as outlined in Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life. Above is the book, flax seeds, bentonite, psyllium, and probotics. I ground the flax seeds and mixed them with the psyllium and bentonite for a homemade fiber shake. I'm supposed to add 1 1/2 tablespoons of that mix into 8 oz. of juice or water. Taken 3 times a day, plus other juices, is my plan for at least this week.

I'll focus on green juices, with something sweet as a base, like these carrots. I got two 5-lb bags for $2.00 each at the natural market near my house. I've got apples, cilantro, spinach, celery, lettuce, and green beans. I'm getting more stuff from the farmer's market this afternoon.
I'll post again tomorrow with Day 1 updates.
Love,
Althea



Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails