Monday, June 16, 2008

The Start of Your Raw Journey


Step 1:
Have a large, huge, bigger-than-yourself WHY!
(And having a 900-year-old Jedi Master as your teacher, in this life and the afterlife, wouldn't hurt either.)

If you are a subscriber, go to my blog url www.therawmochaangel.blogspot.com and see my WHYs at the right side of the screen.

You cannot be raw vegan if your WHYs are not huge. You are making a life-changing choice: to buck the societal trend of eating high-fat, high-cholesterol, artery-busting, processed, tastes fantastic, but is ultimately causing insert your disease here food. Food is everywhere and you are saying NO to all of that?
-You are giving up your grandmother's blackberry cobbler? Are you kidding?
-You are passing up the Dunkin Donuts at the office? I thought America ran on Dunkin. (Don't get me started.)
-Are you prepared to explain to your family, at every function you see them at (Christmas, Memorial Day, July 4th, Labor Day, family reunions, Thanksgiving, funerals, weddings, and births) that not only do you not eat animal products, but you don't cook your food either?

This is larger than willpower. Write down your WHYs. Take your time. Post them in places where you can see them everyday.

And have a mission statement. When someone asks you why you are raw, you can roll that statement off your tongue as quickly as your name and address. That's on my blog as well.

Step 1.2: This is for the sister who wrote me about the same PMS/DMS issues I was having.
(send me your email address)
Don't make any changes until your cycle is over. I tried while I was still on my period and it didn't work. It was like trying to fight Mike Tyson in the ring. I would lose. So I waited until it was over, and I did EFT (Emotional Freedom Technique). www.emofree.com I mentioned it before, and I am a believer as you can see. I did EFT on the following:
-baked cookies
-baked cakes
-baked pies
-potato chips
-meat
-dairy
-pasta
When you download the free manual, you'll see how Gary Craig says to be specific as possible while you tap on the meridian points. I don't even eat meat any longer, but I threw it in there anyway.

And as a bonus, I made this smoothie yesterday and it ROCKED!
More tomorrow.
Love,
Althea






Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails