Saturday, May 19, 2012

I'm Going to Kripalu!


So why am I leading off with a photo of a Vanilla Raspberry Cake? I'll get to that in a second :-).
After 11 years, I am FINALLY going back to Kripalu, Center for Yoga and Health in a few weeks.
And I'm going ALONE! Hol-lay to the you-lah! Those of you in Delaware, New Jersey, New York, and Massachusetts, if you see a sister with long locs driving with the window down singing Beyonce's "Love on Top" at the top of her lungs, that will be me!!
I'm doing new things in 2012. I'm actually checking off my bucket list of things I want to do. I've wanted to go back to Kripalu forever, and I took the plunge. I applied for a scholarship and I got one.
I'm attending Mantras for Spiritual Warriors with Snatam Kaur and her husband. She is a singer with the voice of angel. If you've never heard her sing, click on her name to be taken to her website. She is what Heaven must sound like. And I get back to a Kundalini Yoga workshop. I've been a lonely Kundalini Yogi here in Baltimore. I'm thrilled to be attending.


Another plunge I took was gluten-free baking. That type of baking was so foreign to me. Frankly, I was scared. After reading many books, I finally did it. I made a Vanilla Raspberry Cake from Sweet Vegan. I made the Vanilla Frosting too. For my first cake (and I haven't baked a cake, of any kind, in well over a decade) it came out perfect. 


Another view of the cake.

And then there's the chocolate cupcakes. This took much effort to get right. Sweet Vegan helped but I did alter the recipe a bit to make it mine.
Yes, they are as good as they look.

I've already had one client, Ms. Lisa Scott, from Fitness Chicks, a group I cooked for last month. (And subsequently joined!) I made more tonight for another friend. They'll be featured at her daughter's graduation party tomorrow.

If you live in the Baltimore area, and you want cupcakes (chocolate or vanilla), email me! I have worked very hard to pay off my Kripalu scholarship balance (and I have). I am earning even more money to travel with and am requesting your help. And if you don't live in the area, and would like a reading, let me know.

Thanks and love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails