Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Key Lime Pie




I made this Key Lime Pie two days ago. I was inspired by Stacy Stowers (aka The Raw Food Nanny).
I was looking up her Happy Shake and found an article on Shape Magazine online that featured five of her favorite recipes. I happened to have most of the ingredients for a Key Lime Pie on hand, so I made this first.

My only change was that I used agave instead of honey because I already had some. Me, Raymond, and my husband (the ultimate tester) all love this pie. It's simple to make. The only labor intensive part is peeling and juicing the limes. Other than that, it's a "pour-into-food processor-and-blender" recipe.

Enjoy!

Key Lime Pie (RV, GF)
Ingredients:

For basic nut crust:
3/4 c. raw almonds

1 c. raw walnuts

10 medjool dates (1 c. pitted and packed down)

Pinch of salt

For pie filling:
3/4 c. fresh squeezed lime juice

1 1/2 c. avocados

1/2 c. raw honey (I used 1/2 cup agave)

1/8 tsp. salt

1/2 tsp. vanilla

1/2 c. coconut oil

2 tbsp. lecithin

Directions:
For basic nut crust:
Process ingredients in a food processor using the “S” blade until ingredients stick together. Don’t overprocess or you will make nut butter. Press into pie plate. Chill while preparing your pie filling.  For pie filling:
Blend in your blender all ingredients except the coconut oil and the lecithin. Now add your coconut oil and lecithin. Blend again until creamy. Pour into your pie crust and chill for 6-8 hours or until firm. Decorate with kiwi fruit and/or berries, if desired. Makes about 8 servings.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails