Thursday, March 5, 2015

Day Two and Three

I have been struck down with a severe cold/bug/something. I had to stop halfway through the day yesterday. This puts me behind early in the game. I wanted to share photos from Days Two and Three with you all before I go back to sleep. :-)


Day Two was about plating and presentation. Above is a Red Beet Raviloi. My roommates said it was too pretty to eat!


Tomato Lasagna. Again, it got the WOW factor from my roommates. The taste made me swoon.


Day Three. Almond Milk. One at a time, we added agave, salt, vanilla, lecithin, and lemon. Tasted again each addition. This taught us how to balance flavor.


Blueberry Bee Smoothie. You can't see it but there is bee pollen on top. I am not a huge blueberry fan. I gave it to Raymond and he gobbled it all up.


Knife skills, Day Three. My knife skills suck. My teacher told me to go back and review the video or I'll have to resubmit. Knife skills are everything in the culinary world. I need a lot of practice. I don't know why it's so hard to cut in a straight line...ugh.

That's all for now...coming up are kale chips, kimchi, pickles, and pickled ginger.

A. ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails