Saturday, February 2, 2008

Sunflower Vegetable Burgers


I got this recipe out of Incredibly Delicious, the vegan cookbook I always recommend. This was in the RAWSOME section. The burger is darker than the photo indicates. The flash makes it look like an uncooked beef burger. It was surprisingly good. The ingredients are almonds, sunflower burgers, celery, bell pepper, scallions, carrots, beets, tahini, nutritional yeast, and sea salt (I used Spike). I would definitely make it again. Good stuff.
Also, I decided to do a 3-day juice fast on my birthday weekend. My birthday falls on a Friday in March, and it's a New Moon too. I'm using Queen Afua's Heal Thyself as my guide. Everyone is doing a 92-day juice feast it seems, but I won't be doing that until my children are much older and more independent.
And I made a carrot-apple-beet juice tonight. I'm going to make it again tommorrow and take a picture. It was super super good. I almost couldn't believe it. And it was beautiful to look at. Beets have never been my favorite, but in this mixture, I could drink it everyday.

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

I'm hungry and those look delicious!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails