Thursday, September 3, 2009

Light Eating for Survival Blog Project

"Light Eating for Survival" Blog Project a la the movie Julie & Julia.
1 Year. 481 Recipes. 1 ambitious mama.
Day 7.

Today, I've got three drinks for you. Two are from Light Eating, and one is from Victoria Boutenko.

Spinach Mango Smoothie
1 peeled and chopped mango
1 handful or more spinach
water to taste
Blend
I can't remember which book by the Boutenkos I saw this, but this green smoothie is not for beginners, unless you like bitter smoothies. If you want it sweeter, add another mango, or perhaps an orange. But I enjoyed it. Perhaps my palate is getting used to green bitters.

Green Mint
8 oz. orange or carrot juice
1/2 cup fresh comfrey or mint leaves, or 1/2 cup mint tea
I used carrot juice and mint leaves. I am blessed to have mint growing in my backyard. This was a refreshing, easy drink.

Banana Ape
8 oz. orange juice
1 banana
2 apples
Blend.

I used one apple and added a little bit of water. WOW. This is fantastic. A true party in your mouth. Loved it.

I also made an green smoothie on the fly today. It was 1 apple, 2 bananas, and 3 handfuls of spinach. Add enough water to make it thin. Rom and I split it, and Raymond had mine. He actually liked it, and kept asking me to make him apple juice (to which I add spinach juice). I'm seeing that as long as the smoothie or juice is still sweet to him, he'll drink it.


Until next time!

Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Tahisha said...

Althea - this was a great blog entry. I thought it was so amazing that you actually have an old copy of that book.... and it's so well worn! I really gained even more respect for you and your journey because little tidbits like this reveal your professional credibility and maturity. Here's to good eating! - Tahisha

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails