Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Light Eating For Survival Blog Project

"Light Eating for Survival" Blog Project a la the movie Julie & Julia.
1 Year. 481 Recipes. 1 ambitious mama.
Days 4, 5, and 6.

I have overworked myself the past two weeks, so I'm battling off a cold. That's what happens when you work too hard without enough sleep! But I'm in good spirits, so I'll be fine soon. I've been focused on juices that I've taken out of Light Eating for Survival. Here's what I've made:

Juices:

Waldorf Salad:
2 apples
2 celery ribs

Autumn:
2 apples
1 pear

Delicious Cocktail:
1 apple
4 oz. grape juice


Nectar:
2 apples
1 peach or nectarine (I used a peach)

Grape Delight:
4 oz. grape juice
1 pear

Summers Day:

2 apples
6 strawberries
(Fantastic!!!)

Orange Apple Soup:

1 orange
1 apple
lemon
Blend, and drink!


Hot Carob Milk
1/2 cup ground sesame seeds
3 cups water
1 tablespoon raw carob powder
Heat, and strain in a nut bag. Drink. Tastes like tea :-).

Carob Fudge
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup coconut oil
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup carob powder
1/2 cup nuts

Cream everything, except nuts, in a blender. Pour into a flat pan. Add the nuts, if using. Stir. I put this in the freezer for a few hours, then cut it in squares.

I have a love/hate relationship with coconut oil. I love it as a moisturizer for my skin and body. I love it ice cream. But I don't like it in chocolate or fudge recipes. It's used all over the place in many books, but I just don't care for it. The marble-looking thing in the fudge? That's coconut oil. I will make this again, with either cashew butter or cacao butter. It had a great fudge consistency.

Love,
Althea


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails