Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adventures in Savory Raw Food

There's no apples in my house! This is so new to me! Juice with no fruit? But I am doing it family. I've made the plunge into savory raw food in order to heal my Candida. Above is Calcium Rich Cocktail from Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life by Cherie Calbom. It called for 1/2 a lemon as sweetener, but I added the other half in too :-). Cucumber, kale, parsley, celery, lemon, and ginger....it tastes as unsweet as you would think.


This is Peppy Parsley, from the same book. I also made Beautiful Skin Cocktail, and took photos, but somehow, they are missing from my camera. I'm sure my photog children deleted it off the camera. :-)


These are ingredients for Green Delicious from Green For Life by Victoria Boutenko. I didn't have Roma tomatoes, only sun-dried. I soaked them overnight, then made the smoothie the next morning. Again, I'm getting used to this "no sugar". It's weird, but I'll get there.

Love,
Althea

Mocha Angel message: From TUT: Whenever something doesn't work out the way you thought it would, Althea, instead of thinking that something went wrong, see it as something that went unexpectedly well, but for reasons that are not yet apparent.



Everything plays to your favor.


Score! The Universe
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Mindy said...

I love that Green Delicious smoothie (if it's the one I think it is - in Green for Life). It's the only savory one I really enjoy. Reminds me of liquid smooth guacamole. I always make sure to have a good hit of lime juice in there. Good luck on your savory, juicy adventures. I hope you are able to savor every moment :).

Anonymous said...

Granny Smith Apples are low glycemic.. and stevia is a great sweetener that doesn't feed candida.. much success to you!

Osunlade

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails