Thursday, November 15, 2018

Why Can't I Eat Whatever I Want?

The not so long answer:

Again, you can absolutely eat whatever you want. You have free will. You may be one of lucky people who can do that and live to be 105 years old. I read about a brother who was over 100 and his secret to long life was drinking Jack Daniels everyday.

Good for him, I say.

For the rest of us, even those blessed with the genetics of longevity, pay a heavy price for eating whatever we want. In my family, it's been soul food. I have watched my relatives die from Alzheimer's, diabetes, obesity, and every cancer you can name.

If you're a subscriber to my blog, then you are already interested in health. You already know that food has the power to slowly kill, as well as the power to quickly heal the body. And that is why, if you want to live your best life, then eating whatever you want, whenever you want, wherever you want, is not the best choice.

Please know that you are not alone. It may seem that everyone else can eat what they want. That's not the case. I hear people's emotional battles with food almost everyday on my job, and in the emails from you all.

Eat what makes your body, mind, and spirit perform at optimal levels. And seek therapy if the emotional struggle is too much to handle alone.

Health is holistic. It's:
-good relationships with family and friends
-feeling good about your work
-restful sleep
-spiritual connection
-purpose
-living in alignment with your values
-lots of love, especially for yourself.

Focus on all of those things, rather than just the food you're eating.

Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails