Sunday, November 11, 2018

Quick Update

Sorry I have been gone for a moment. I have been recovering from a concussion. I hit my head at work on, believe it or not, the metal frame of a chest press machine I was about to clean. I hit myself square on the forehead. I instantly knew I was hurt. 

Long story short, I was out of work for two weeks. I'd had a concussion before in a car accident in 2011. Because it was a car accident I understood my whole body pain. This time, the pain, fatigue, and nausea were a complete surprise, which I underestimated. 

A concussion is super serious. My immediate symptoms were confusion, shock, dizziness, and I just didn't feel like myself. If you and anyone you know have these symptoms after hitting their head or falling, go straight to the ER to get a CT scan. I am a lot better now, and continuing to move forward with my goals. 

On to better news:

I have paid off both of my store charge cards. Yea!
And I have lost 9 pounds. Yea again!

I came up with this idea of Rainbow Eating. I was inspired by Ann Wigmore who said that disease is the result of toxemia and deficiency. I thought, why not eat all of the colors of the rainbow, plus white, brown, and black to get more nutrients in my body? Even with this plan, I still don't get every mineral and vitamin needed daily just through food alone. I added supplements to reach 95% of my needed daily nutrients. I tweaked the food plan I shared with you all on September 9. I also cut back on the calories for weight loss purposes.

Rainbow Eating: My Plan
Sunday Breakfast through Saturday Breakfast/Lunch
I eat what I want Saturday lunch and/or dinner 

Breakfast
-water with Emergen-C
-1 apple, 1/2 lemon, 3 c. of any green leafy vegetable, 1/2 c. pineapple, fresh ginger, water
-1/4 cup lentils, 2 eggs, 1 cup cauliflower, 1 tomato, 2 TBSP avocado, cilantro 

Morning Snack
-1 carrot, 1 banana, 2-3 clementines

Lunch
- 1/2 cup of black beans OR 1/4 cup lentils, 1 cup any green vegetable, 1 tomato, 2 TBSP avocado, cilantro 

Afternoon Snack
-Smoothie: Mixed berries (blueberries, raspberries, strawberries) and/or blackberries, 3 c. leafy green vegetable, 1 banana, water 

Dinner
-1/2 cup soaked gluten free oatmeal, 3/4 cup unsweetened almond milk, 1/2 banana, 1 apple, 1 small box raisins.

Supplements: women's multivitamin once a day, calcium magnesium citrate three times a day, acidophilus twice a day, Ancient Minerals (on order)


TOTAL: 1648-1660 calories

The colors:
white: cauliflower
yellow: pineapple, banana, lemon, ginger, eggs
orange: carrots, clementines
red: apple, raspberries, strawberries, tomatoes
green: spinach, kale, broccoli, collards, green beans, etc (I interchange them)
blue: blueberries
brown: lentils
indigo/violet/black: blackberries, black beans, raisins

Feel free to change the foods to match the colors. For instance, other good orange foods are sweet potatoes and butternut squash. Let me know what you think and if you decide to eat the Rainbow way, also let me know how it's working for you.

love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails