Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Remembering the Mission Statement

It is incredible how quickly I go on a downhill slide emotionally when I eat cooked food. I had waffles this morning, a raw lunch of nutmeat and kale salad, and an early dinner of a cooked veggie burger, French fries, tomatoes, cucumbers, and the house dressing from Juliano’s book RAW.

I am so exhausted right now.

Granted, I am a busy lady. My work of a stay-at-home mother is no joke. Contrary to popular belief, we do not have time to sit around, watch soap operas, and eat bon-bons. I think I’ll outline my day one of these days. But my point is that I need energy to get through the day without collapsing. That is what I had been doing for years. Being raw gives me that energy I needed without the 1:00pm downturn I always felt.

Today, I was so tired. I ate the waffles out of convenience. And I am not saying all of this to beat myself up. I’m just saying the effects of the cooked food on my person are quick and profound. Other people may be different, but for me, just like eating meat no longer worked for me because it caused my menstrual cycle to be out-of-control painful, eating cooked food clearly does not work. I get depressed for no clear reason. I just want to be alone. Everything seems so overwhelming, when in truth, that’s not the case. Do I have a lot going on in my life? Yes. Could I use some help? Absolutely. But is life completely overwhelming? No.

So I sit on my bed now, remembering my mission statement: “I am a raw vegan so that I can live my life to its highest potential, and be emotionally, spiritually, and mentally present with my family and friends.” All I can do is start again. It serves no purpose for me to beat myself up. It’s all a learning experience. I’m headed downstairs to eat an orange now. :-) ◦
Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just take it one day at a time...

Anna said...

Stick to your guns! Ive fallen off the wagon myself! I didnt expect the winter time and feeling for the need for warm foods to kick in...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails