Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I Got an Honorable Mention

I applied to win the Ann Wigmore Raw Food Home Study Course 2.0. I didn't win, but I did get an honorable mention. And what was funny was that I posted on the CHI (Creative Health Institute) blog on April 30th, that afternoon, and my post didn't go through for some reason. I typed it again after my yoga class and it went through.

A lot of what I said is in my April 30th blog post. But since Jim didn't know about my history with my relatives, I said:
"I ended a 2-week juice and smoothie fast on April 13. I did it to heal some stress and emotional trauma within me as a result of caretaking relatives who are mentally disabled. Aside from being a wife and mom to two young children, I am my relatives’ primary caregiver. There have been times that I felt like I was dying. The stress and anguish and pressure are, at times, too much. Raw food has been the only thing that truly makes me feel alive. I have also suffered from hormonal imbalances since I was eleven (heavy periods, cramps, post-partum depression, and early peri-menopause).
I love and respect Ann Wigmore for being the God-mother and Grandmother of the American raw vegan food movement. I would absolutely love to win the study course to help heal myself, my family, and others."

Jim said about the Honorable Mentions: These folks need to be recognized, they too have stories of triumph in the face of adversity.

Wow. This is so inspiring for me. You know how things just start falling into place when you are on a new path? The Universe is giving you the "thumbs up." Wow.

And please go to: http://www.chidiet.com/blog/. Watch Tanisha Marshall's inspiring interview there. Her blog is http://raw.tanishamarshall.com/.

Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Unknown said...

(just heard you in libradio)

this is great. :-) i was raw vegan for a little over a year beginning in 2006 and have been *meaning to* get back with it at least 95% of the time. i felt wonderful while eating that way and look forward to having that experience again.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails