Friday, May 23, 2008

Post-Juice Feast Thoughts


Chef Skai's Raw Corn Chili!
A lot has been happening lately. I've been reflective since I ended my fast on April 13th. I think I had a post-juice feast letdown. I had started eating chocolate again, and I was so happy to have found Emotional Freedom Technique . I haven't had chocolate since that post and I do not miss it. True story...my hand to God. To go from a raving chocoholic to not craving chocolate at all is, in my book, a miracle.

I felt like something was missing in my life. One of those things was the JUICE! I started having one juice per day. Below is Oooh Carrots! It's carrots-apple-lemon-ginger juice. I call it "Oooh Carrots" because when you drink it, you go "oooh, this is good!" The lemon gives it a sweetness that you don't expect.


I've been reflecting on where I want to go with my raw food. I know I want to help other moms get their grooves back. As long I am a homeshooling mother, I need all the energy I can find. Raw food is the only that does that for me. I got my certification from Alive and Raw, and I am thrilled about that. I want to be a raw food "chef" (is that the right word?), lecturer, and coach.

I had an interesting experience last Tuesday. You all know I do intuitive readings for a living. Last Tuesday, one of my clients started reading me. She was feeling my reading of her, but she kept interrupting to tell me what she was getting about me. "Natalie" apologized as she interrupted me. Her reading started with me saying that she was highly intuitive, and "Why are you getting a reading? You got skills!" I told her that she was a hospice nurse, which is what she did in a past life, but that is was time to transition to a holistic nurse and work in the wellness field. She confirmed that she is a hospice nurse and was ready to move into the wellness field.

Well, okay.

She knew she was psychic but didn't know what to do with it. And then, the roof blew off the room. Natalie started reading me. "You are going to be speaking all over the world."

Huh? Says me.

She was so insistent about it. And this was the second time someone told me that. At an intuition class I taught last year, a student swore I'd be speaking internationally. He, again, was insistent.

So back to Natalie. She points to my closed laptop. "What's in there?" she asked.
I said, "The novel I am working on."

"That's hot. That's what you need to be focused on. That is super hot. I don't know what it's about but that book is going to be hot."

Okay. Sounds good to me.

I'm trying to complete her reading, when she says, "You like Oprah don't you?" "I love Oprah," I said. "You're going to be sitting on stage with her," Natalie says. Then she adds, "Where do you get your information from (as in, when I do readings, who am I asking)? "God and the Angels," I said. "The book you wrote about angels is what is going to put you on Oprah's couch," Natalie says.

She didn't know anything about my Mocha Angels book. It's completed and ready for publication. And Oprah is into angels like I am.

There was a lot that happened that night. Natalie and I were together for an hour. I felt like some of my deepest thoughts got confirmed. As far as speaking internationally, anything is possible and I'm open to it. I was thinking about doing raw prep videos on YouTube, which is an international forum. So we'll see!

And I've been working on fear. I've had a lot of unfounded fears in my life, which has translated into some hurt feelings amongst my friends. I'm atoning for my wrongdoings and moving forward with my life. I know when I've been scared, I do not speak up for fear of what the other person may think. Well, since I kept my mouth shut, I've come off as ungrateful or rude. I'm definitely ready to create a new reality based on faith and gratitude.


And I forgot to mention all this food! The first photo is Chef Skai's Raw Corn Chili. Skai is a friend of mine and the owner of The Yabba Pot in Baltimore. That recipe is in her Kwanzaa karamu cookbook. I'd had the chili at one of the raw food challenges and loved it. I made it yesterday and it was YUMMY and SPICY!

And the photo above is of cashew nori rolls and kale salad. I am hooked on those cashew burgers from Fresh: The Ultimate Live Food Cookbook by Sergei and Valya Boutenko. I take the "burger" and wrap it in nori. I haven't made anything else in that book, but if everything is as good as those darned cashew burgers, then it is the ultimate live food cookbook...for real.

And lastly, I was feeling a wee bit down when I didn't win the Creative Health Institute Home Study Program.
And then I looked at all the books on top of my refrigerator and realized, I've got a home study program all ready. I took pictures of all my books and DVDs. This doesn't include books I've gotten from the library and all the stuff I've printed off the Internet.

And more...
And more!
And one more!
I think I got it covered. ;-)
Thanks for reading!
Love,
Althea










Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Kristen's Raw said...

Love the pics of your books and I LOVE the "Why Am I Raw?" on the right side of your blog...very cool!

Have an awesome week :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails