Wednesday, July 23, 2008

336 Days of Wellness

Hi, Ya'll:
I'm back from Detroit. It was a long and emotional weekend, but I am grateful I got to see so many relatives and friends, so it was all worth it. While I was gone, I got to finish Queen Afua's Heal Thyself, for the hundredth time. This time, I'm reading it with other women over at
Circle of Sisters (http://sistercircles.ning.com/). I'm reading this book and thinking, "You are delaying the inevitable." I love food. I love talking about food. I love making food, but I know live food is where it's at for me. Girl, get on the good foot and heal yourself.

So with that said, I decided to do the near-year long purification Queen Afua-style. It's an 84-day cycle of 50-75% raw food, then 100% raw, then a juice fast, and then a mix of all three. I'm doing it for nearly a year. Why not? Here is the schedule, which I've posted on the right-hand side of my blog. I'm doing all raw instead of the percentage in the first 21 days. And July 24 is my Grandma Pearl's 81st birthday, so I thought that was a good day to start.

Heal Thyself 336 Days of Purification to Perfect Wellness
Cycle 1
July 24- begin 100% raw vegan diet
August 12- 21 days
Sept 2- 42 days/begin juice fast & colon cleanse
September 23- end juice fast
October 14 – end 84 day cycle

Cycle 2
October 15 – begin
November 4 – 21 days
November 25 – 42 days/begin juice fast
December 16 –end juice fast
January 6 – end 84 day cycle

Cycle 3
January 7 – begin
January 27 – 21 days
February 17 – 42 days/begin juice fast
March 10 –end juice fast
March 31 – end 84 day cycle

Cycle 4
April 1 – begin
April 21 – 21 days
May 12 – 42 days/begin juice fast
June 2 –end juice fast
June 23 – end 84 day cycle

Did you notice I'll be fasting during Thanksgiving? LOL. That ought to be fun :-). I won't do a day by day, blow by blow of everything, but I do see some good things happening during this time. And the first juice fast I'm doing in September will also combine the colon/liver/gallbladder/kidney cleanse from Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life by Cherie Calbom, which is the book I'm giving away in two days.

Thanks for reading!

love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Zeolite said...

Wow althea... I am in awe! I just started a 'mostly' raw eating plan a week ago and it's been interesting. I feel good, but I am having serious 'garbage' withdrawal!

I would love it if you would add your link on my blog so that my readers can follow your journey! I think it is going to be an inspiring story to watch unfold!

Shelley
Be Naturally Well

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails