Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Raw Mocha Angel's First Anniversary!!

Today is my blog's one year anniversary! Whoo Hoo! Blogging has become one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. I have met many of my lovely readers via their comments and emails. I am so pleased that people get something positive from my blog, but trust me, I get so much from you all too. The love and positive energy that you all send my way fills my heart and is incredibly gratifying. Thank you so much for reading and sharing with me!

{{HUGS}}

Tomato-Cilantro Soup

Today, I share two easy recipes: Tomato Cilantro Soup and Homemade Tahini.

This soup is an Althea original. I have a bunch of small tomatoes and wondered what to do with them. I have a tomato soup recipe from the class I took with Lynda Carter of Alive and Raw, but I didn't have basil and oregano, nor did I have dates nor lime, but I did have cilantro, honey, and lemon. Here is my recipe:

3 small tomatoes
4 sundried tomatoes – soaked in hot water for 10 minutes
1 teaspoon honey
1 garlic clove, minced
7 sprigs cilantro
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 ½ teaspoons soy sauce
2 tablespoon olive oil
pinch cayenne pepper or red pepper chili flakes

Put all of the ingredients in a blender. Add just enough water to cover the ingredients. Blend.
Pour into a bowl. I added chunks of avocado. Whoo hoooooo this is good!

Homemade Tahini Prep
I was craving tahini. What else can I say?
Homemade Tahini
2 ½ cups sesame seeds
¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
Put both ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth yet thick. You don't want it too thin. This tastes just like store bought tahini, but a little richer because of the olive oil. I was determined to find a way to make this. The version I found on www.mideastfood.about.com calls for roasting the seeds at 350 degrees. That defeats the purpose of raw. This version works just fine.
This made about 1 1/2 cups of tahini.


You want it like a puree, not thin like soup. Thick is better than thin and watery.

Alpha child drinking a tahini milkshake :-)

I made a milkshake after making the tahini. I didn't really measure, but here is what I did:
In a blender, put:
2 bananas
honey or agave
carob or chocolate powder
1-2 tablespoons tahini
1 cup of water
Blend!
It was wonderful. I'm drinking another one right now :-).

Thanks for reading, ya'll.

Love,
Althea


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails