Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Yes We Did!

Obama Family

It has taken superhuman strength for me NOT to discuss the election on my blog. I committed to talking about raw food and a few other things to keep it's focus. But in my daily life, I could talk politics all day. I have an Associates Degree in Political Science and used to be really into it. I lost interest over the years, until Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama were locked in their primary battle. Suddenly politics got interesting again.

To say I am excited, thrilled, elated is an understatement. This is the Aquarian Age finally coming into undeniable fruition. A lot of folks will scare you into believing that the world will end in 2012. Not so. What is dying is a way of thinking, a way of being. Industries are dying. Secrets are being revealed. The middle man is going away. Old paradigms are dying. Let me give you all some examples:

-The investment bank. Gone.
-The music industry. Anyone can have a #1 hit without going through a record company because of the Internet.
-The newspaper industry. Dying off because of the Internet.
-Manufacturing jobs/the industrial age/construction- gone or leaving the country
-9/11- what happens across the ocean absolutely affects the rest of the world. There is no more “over there.” We are all One.
-Catholic Church molestation scandals – I remember a time when adults who claimed they were molested by a priest as children were looked at as lunatics. Not anymore. This is key element of the Aquarian Age: transparency. What was in the dark will be revealed. Which takes me to the biggest thing that is now transparent:
-Race relations: how folks really felt about each other bubbled up during the primaries. Racism reared it's ugly head, sometimes blatantly, sometimes in code:
“We don't know him.”
“He palls around with terrorists.”
“He is a terrorist.”
“This is the REAL America.”
Give me a break to each and every one of those statements.

Obama's election is all about the NEW. A new way of governing; ushering in the new American industry: Energy Technology aka Green Collar Jobs; service; letting go of stuff that doesn't work. I do not claim we will all hold hands and sing. But be open to the new. Ride the wave. It's a new collective consciousness.

The best thing about this is that my sons, who are the same sandy-brown shade as Obama, can grow up to be president. They really can be anything they want to be. Things are going to rapidly change, in all arenas. I look forward to the first woman president, the first Latino/a president, the first Native American president, the first Asian president. I am so proud right now.
Guacamole on a Portabello Mushroom

This might not look like much, but it was GREAT! I made guacamole, and put it on a marinated portabello mushroom.

I put a mix of lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and garlic on the mushroom and dehydrated the mushroom for an hour. The guacamole is this:
-1 avocado, mashed
-1 clove of garlic, minced
-1/4 cup fresh cilantro
-1/2 tomato
-lime or lemon juice to taste
-sea salt/nama shoyu/soy sauce to taste
Mix well and eat with veggies, crackers, or put it on a mushroom like I did! I ate it with a salad. It was really, really good.
Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

2 comments:

Unknown said...

i definitely agree with you about all the code hate speak.

the guac. on mushroom looks divine. hopefully avocados will be going on sale here soon so i can stock up on 'em.

Malicious Intent said...

Ok, that portebella and guacamole just made me really hungry. Ever try taking the ports and marinating them in balsamic vinegar seasoning and onion and grillin them like a burger. Yum!

I remember when Bush was re-elected. We all cried at my office. We were devasted.

Obama was elected and we cried again. Tears of utter joy! Do not judge people for their skin color but their character...and that man has a LOT of GREAT character. You can just feel it. Yay for us!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails