Thursday, September 16, 2010

Stoking Digestive Fire

(Long Post)

So it's been a while since I posted because I've been insecure. I was not sure I could do this. Heal my sons, I mean. During the last half of August and the beginning of September, I was really sick. I wrote about this, somewhat on my other blog, but who wants to hear of someone continually griping about her illness? Especially when she doesn't know what she had?

Right after Raymond's birthday, I was felled, for the third time, with an upper respiratory infection followed by diarrhea. The irony is that I know so many people with diarrhea. One of my yoga students apologized to me today for not being in class last Thursday. Why? Because diarrhea had weakened her for a solid week. I have no idea what is going around, but it's rough. Many people have suggested allergies, but I don't know.

When I get sick, I am not a happy person. My mother-in-law is disabled and my husband works full-time. Who is left with her young children to care for while she's stuck on a toilet? That would be me.

During that time, I felt sorry for myself. I'll be honest. I even cried about everything. I was like, "How am I supposed to do this if I'm sick all the time?"

To add to it, I'd started my kids on a gluten-free diet on August 30th. Jona has responded beautifully. His bowels move twice a day. Raymond responded, then stopped. He went SIX DAYS without a bowel movement. I was beside myself. He was drinking 40 oz of water (half his body weight), eating veggies, drinking fresh juices...I couldn't understand it.

In my personal faith, I believe that thoughts create physical reality. I kept reminding myself that the Universe and my Angels love me, and that life supports me.

Support came in the form of an email from Talia Shapiro of North Atlantic Books. "Out of the blue" she sent me an email asking if I'd like to review the updated classic Green for Life by Victoria Boutenko. Of course! Green for Life is about the science of green smoothies. Thinking about myself, and Raymond, who has suffered from constipation since he was a toddler, I gobbled up the book.

Both of us are now drinking a quart of green smoothies a day. I have responded too. My digestion is slow, which is why I'm high raw. But these bad boys? Whooooo! A green smoothie will set you right! They are indeed amazing. I feel so much better. I have clarity of thought and more energy.

But back to Raymond. His bowel movements were still not consistent like me and Jona. I'd gotten him probiotics (should have gotten digestive enzymes, those are coming up.) I'm writing down everything he eats and drinks. He was moving every other day. I read a book called Ultramind in which I learned that lots of kids with Autism have low hydrochloric acid (HCL) in their tummies. That was another reason for the green smoothies. Victoria Boutenko recorded a study she and an M.D. did with people with low HCL. Two-thirds of them got better. So the green smoothies will stay.

I added meridian work. Meridians are energy channels in the body. If you've ever gotten or heard of Acupuncture, that is a form of Chinese Medicine. Acupuncture relieved my menstrual cramps after my tubal ligation, and healed my concussion after my car accident in February. I know it works. I have a wonderful book called Energy Medicine by Donna Eden. It's textbook, for sure. But get it because it's good for all people, of all ages.

I check Raymond's meridian alarm points. His large intestine was not working. I did the work Eden suggested and Raymond had four bowel movements the next day. That was on September 14. No bowel movements on 9/15. I did the meridian work again that evening. He's had two bowel movements today. I'm seeing that I need to keep doing the meridian work until he is consistent.

Next time, I'll tell you what happened in the library yesterday.

Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails