Saturday, March 19, 2011

MRI at Johns Hopkins

Raymond right before he said, "How much longer?"

After two EEG's, Raymond finally had his an MRI for his brain done yesterday at Johns Hopkins main hospital. The people were lovely. My only issues were the wait (since they had me come in early, but he didn't go in until two hours after the appointment time) and the freezing wait room. Other than those two things, the day went swimmingly.
This lovely sign greeted me as I had planned to take all of these pictures! Lori, the anesthesiologist assistant did say it was okay for me to take photos.

Raymond playing on the computer in the wait room.

Lori, Raymond, and Kim, another assistant.

Lori and Dr. Lee, the anesthesiologist. They gave Raymond a grape-smelling gas.

Darlene and Justin, two more MRI techs.

After this part, I had to leave and go back to the waiting area. I did go eat for the first time all day, as my son couldn't have anything to eat. I didn't want him watching me eat if he couldn't have any. That was the lonely part. I just felt alone. In a sea of humanity (Hopkins is the largest employer in Maryland, larger than the Maryland state government!), I felt terribly alone. I wanted to grab someone and say, "Hey, my kid is getting a brain x-ray because he's falling out while on toilet at these random times. Can you tell me for sure that he's going to be all right?"

But I couldn't do that. So I ate my veggie burrito from Baja Fresh.

Back upstairs, I read Jenny McCarthy's book Mother Warriors. WOW! I am so glad I got this book! I found it (or it found me) at Food Lion months ago. It was on sale for $2.50. That'll be my next post. But Austism Momma Warriors, you have GOT to read it. It's giving me the strength I need to move forward.

Justin came to get me because he said Raymond was asking for me after he woke up. There I met Joan and MaryBeth. We bonded instantly. Radiology is located in the basement level. When you turn into the room, it's teeming with activity. Kind of like CTU on the late great TV show, 24. So I said that to Joan, and she said, "I LOVE THAT SHOW!" And we talked about that for the next 20 minutes! We talked about "V" (current and former versions) and the educational system in Maryland. We had a great time. Raymond just wanted a popsicle, which he got. After that, my man was ready to leave.

WE got there at 10:54am and left at 5:15pm. We were both glad it was over. Raymond is okay right now, so wish us luck when we get the results back.



No comments:


Related Posts with Thumbnails