Thursday, September 20, 2012

Mango Sorbet and Nut Milks

Mango Sorbet

This Mango Sorbet from Ani's Raw Food Desserts is a winner. And it's simplicity is even better.

This is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO easy! It's very kid-friendly to make and to eat!



My version wasn't as frozen as in the book photo, but darn, it was perfectly ripe, sweet, and ideal for a hot summer day! 
 

And you can see that I'm making stuff from Raw Food Real World. I'm working through fears this year. I'd asked Matthew and Sarma if I could blog through their book last year. It's August of 2012 and I'm just now doing it. I'm taking my time. No rushing. No pressure. I look at the simple stuff and make it.
 
That also means I can't always share recipes. Publishers have told me they prefer bloggers to limit recipe sharing to five recipes from a book.
 
Nut milks and shakes are pretty basic. Once you know the formula, you can add to it.
 
Nut milk basic recipe:
1 cup nuts
4 cups water
 
Soak the nuts for 4-8 hours.
Blend in a high-powered blender.
Strain and squeeze in a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
 
From there you can add sweeteners, coconut oil, or whatever you like.
 
 

Milkshake Basic Recipe:
I wrote this two years ago. It's the vanilla milkshake from the book. I make this at least once a day. That is how yummy, vanilla-ee, sweet, refreshing it is.
 
Again, once you got the formula, you can make a chocolate shake, strawberry shake, peanut butter shake, etc.
 
Enjoy!
 
Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails