Monday, September 3, 2018

Self Love + Simplicity


I’m still alive ya’ll 😊. Thank you to everyone who wrote me to ask how I was doing and if I’d ever blog again. I haven’t written anything since Prince died in April 2016. The past five years have been quite challenging, on every level. Grief is a real thing. I totally fell off. I have fought hard to get back to Althea. As I blog, I’ll share my experiences.

The biggest two lessons I learned from that time are 1) love yourself and life flows much smoother, and 2) a simple life leads to clarity, self-knowledge, and purpose.

My biggest challenge is that I distract myself with food and over-spending. If I’m emotionally unbalanced, angry, frustrated, unhappy, etc., I am going to eat or spend money. I’ve been so out of whack that I didn’t care what I was eating. That has led me to be 60 pounds overweight. I have lost weight, but I haven’t been consistent. I’m a stress-eater. No stress, no overeating. Stress = overeating. My biggest expenditure is food. Wegman’s grocery is my second home.

I am healing these dual distractions at the same time. They are not different. They are same. They are different manifestations of a mind that searches for distraction. With all the work I have done on me, I realized I wasn’t loving myself. I wasn’t paying attention. I can’t spend nor eat my way into the life I want to live.

I have certain goals that I want to share with you all, which will help keep me on task. I’ll get more specific later.

HEALTH
·         Sixty pound weight loss by March 7, 2019 (my birthday)
     
HOUSE/MONEY
·         Declutter my apartment. DONE!

·         Create an emergency fund. DONE!
·         Save $100 a month until I reach my goal number through October 2019.
·         Create a shopping ban.
·         Pay off all consumer debt by October 2020.
·         Pay back all people I owe money by March 2021.
·         Save six months’ worth of salary (not sure how long that takes.)


CAREER
·         Start Mocha Angels Yoga and Massage YouTube Channel by March 7, 2019.

·         Resume daily Mocha Angel messages on Facebook and Twitter.


KIDS
·         Clinically document massage and energy work treatments on my kids to track their progress.

(In case you missed it on Facebook, I did manage to graduate from massage therapy school. I graduated in July. I’ll be a licensed massage therapist by October/November. 😊)

I’ll blog at least twice a week. On the 1st of every month, I’ll report my progress toward my goals.

I’m learning to love me. I have cared for and served others personally and professionally for decades. At 46, I’m finally taking care of me.

Also, I am retiring from doing intuitive readings. If you’d like a reading from me, this is the moment to get it. I’m removing the PayPal buttons from my website on September 15.

Thank you for reading. I’m excited about this next phase in my life.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails