Sunday, September 9, 2018

Vegetarian Meal Plan

Quick correction to my last post. 

Pay off all consumer debt by October 2020. (I'd wrote 2019.)
Pay back all people I owe money by March 2021. (I'd wrote 2020.)

If you want to lose weight, learn what your Basal Metabolic Rate (BMR) is. The BMR is how many calories you burn if you laid in bed for 24 hours without moving. Decide how many pounds a week you'd like to lose: 0.5, 1, 1.5, or 2. Determine your activity level: sedentary, lightly active, moderately active, or highly active. Enter all that information into a food journal you trust. 

My recommendation is Cronometer. (www.cronometer.com) It's free. Although you can upgrade for $5.00 a month, don't do it. The free version does the trick. You'll see if you are hitting all of your vitamin and minerals each day. It'll ask for basic information about you. From there, it'll give you a daily calorie recommendation. For me to lose 1 pound a week, it recommended 1661 calories a day, which left me hungry. I chose around 1800 calories a day.


I'm not getting enough fat according to Cronometer, but I feel good about it. I'm hitting 96% of nutrients. That's only because I take a women's multivitamin.  

My Plan
Sunday Lunch through Saturday Breakfast/Lunch
I eat what I want Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast.

Breakfast
-Lemon water
-1/4 cup lentils, 2 eggs, 1 tomato, 1 oz cucumber, 2 TBSP avocado, cilantro (423.25 cal)

Morning Snack
-2 apples (196.08 cal)
-Green smoothie: 1 apple, 1 banana, 1/2 lemon, 3 cups greens (any leafy green), 1 tsp chia seeds (231.86 cal)

Lunch
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, 1/2 cup lentils, 1 tomato, 1 oz cucumber, 2 TBSP avocado, cilantro (340.11 cal)

Afternoon Snack
-Green smoothie: 1 banana, 1 cup mixed berries, 2.5 cup greens, 1 tsp honey (200.02 cal)

Dinner
-Sweet or white potato, 1/4 cup lentils, 1 tomato, 1 oz cucumber, 1 TBSP avocado (373.17 cal)
TOTAL: 1764.49

Because it's a template, I can cut and paste. For instance, instead of a green smoothie for my afternoon snack, I'll have 2 eggs and 2 carrots, which is approximately 230 calories. 

For dinner, if I'd rather keep it raw vegan, I'll have a smoothie of 2 bananas, 2 cups berries, 1 TBSP chia seed, and 1 TBSP avocado which is approximately 390 calories.

And today, I had toast with my breakfast, so I skipped my morning snack. This way I'm not eating the exact same thing everyday, which can get boring. I suggest people learn how to count calories and understand macronutrients.

And yes, for now, I'm eating eggs, which makes me a vegetarian, not a vegan. Any recipe I post here will be vegan.

It took me MONTHS to figure this out. I wanted a plan that was super easy, quick, doable, flexible, and didn't leave me starving. Frankly, I needed more protein than I realized. That's where the lentils come in. Lentils are my new favorite food. They are easy to cook. I have some super yummy variations on simple boiled lentils, which I'll share soon.

If you have questions, email me at mochaangels@aol.com. Next up, I'll share my exercise plan.


Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails