Monday, November 29, 2010

My TV debut experience

Me and Tony Pann, meteorologist and the man with a plan!

Yesterday was WILD! I spent so many days being nervous, but the actual live segment flew by in a flash!

So how did The Raw Mocha Angel find herself on television? First, I intend on having my own raw vegan and gluten-free vegan cooking show on national television. When you intend, think from the END. Not, "How is that going to happen?" Think about what you really want and focus on that end result. I didn't know anyone in the TV business before October 30, 2010. That is the day I met Tony Pann at the late great Mystickal Voyage. It closed on October 31st. :-(

Tony and I got to talking about life, and he asked me, "What do you really want to do with your life?" I said, "I want my own television show where I teach people about the vegan & raw vegan lifestyle." He said, "I'm going to make that happen for you."

Yesterday was the beginning of my dream coming true.


Carlotta, the floor manager

So the next question: Why did I cook, instead of doing something raw? Originally, I was to be on at 7:45am and 9:45am. But the producer had double booked. Someone else went on at 7:45. I was live at 9:45am. My plan was to do something raw and cooked. But the producer told me I HAD to cook something. The point of Sunday Brunch is to make a meal. That's where the tofu idea came from. When I come back to WBAL, and other local stations, I'll see how far I can push the raw envelope!

My vantage point

My friend Michele and I spent a lot of time intending that this TV segment go well. And it did. I got there an hour early so I had time to get acclimated. The anchors, Lisa Robinson and Sarah Caldwell, were awesome. They both talked to me and gave me pointers. Getting there early gave me time to settle down.

Once it was time to go live, the whole thing was a blur. Experiencing it, in the moment, it felt like time went into hyper-drive. When I watched myself back on TV, everything moved in normal time. It was surreal. But now that I've done it, I'm glad I rehearsed what I would say and do. Four minutes is not a lot of time to demonstrate how to cook anything, but I got it all done :-).

Thanks for reading and coming along with me on this journey. I told you all in my Third Anniversary post that 2011 was going to be exciting!!!

Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

5 comments:

Laquita said...

Yay! Congrats :o) Next stop Oprah!

Pat said...

You did a great job, you looked so natural!

You go girl, I can't wait to check my TV guide and see your show listed :)

Wishing good things
Pat

rashid1891 said...

Tony and I got to talking about life, and he asked me, "What do you really want to do with your life?" I said, "I want my own television show where I teach people about the vegan & raw vegan lifestyle." He said, "I'm going to make that happen for you.

Anonymous said...

Great segment. Thanks to Lori for promoting it on Facebook.

You got to meet Tony Pann... sigh.

About Me said...

Wooooowww, congratulations, Althea!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails