Sunday, November 28, 2010

We Go Vegan For Sunday Brunch - Video - WBAL Baltimore

We Go Vegan For Sunday Brunch - Video - WBAL Baltimore

I was on TVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! The link is above. It was live and wild, but I had a lot of fun. Tony Pann, meteorologist extraordinaire, did the segment with me. He kept me at ease. The other anchors and the floor manager were wonderful. They calmed my nerves and helped keep me grounded.


Adapted from 30-Minute Vegan.


Tofu Scramble




2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup onion, diced
6 garlic cloves, minced
4 mushrooms, diced
1 lb. extra firm tofu, water pressed out, and crumbled
3/4 teaspoon tumeric
3/4 teaspoon paprika
3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
2 teaspoons wheat-free tamari
1 tablespoon dried basil
1 medium tomato, chopped
3 cups spinach, washed, drained, and chopped
Sea salt and pepper to taste
Cilantro, as garnish


-Slice tofu in half. Place on a plate. Put a skillet, or pot on top of it. Place something heavy, like gallon
of water, on top of skillet. This will press the water out for you. Leave for a few hours. Pour the water off
the plate before using. If you are pressed for time, wrap the tofu in a towel and squeeze the water out by hand.
-Place oil in large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook until
the onions are soft, about 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
-Add crumbled tofu. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
-Add tumeric, paprika, nutritional yeast, tamari, and basil.
-Add tomato, spinach, and cook another 3 minutes more.
-Add salt and pepper to your taste.
-Garnish with cilantro. ( I like it with avocado too.) Enjoy!

Love,
Althea
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

Intuitive Wellness Coaching said...

I LOVE IT! How wonderful is this Sunday Brunch Segment!?! You were confident, engaging and sassy. Just amazing. Thanks for sharing this I just happen to find your blog today through Chef Shai and I so glad I did. Peace and Love Sis.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails