How many times have a shared a kale salad with you all? I've lost count....so here's another one :-).
From the Oh She Glows Blog:
Weekend Glow Kale Salad
- 1/2 large head of kale (about 4-6 cups)
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 1/2-3/4 cup chopped carrot (2 small carrots)
- 1 English cucumber (2 cups chopped halves)
- 1 avocado, chopped
- 1 & 1/4 cup chopped grape tomatoes (or other variety)
- 1/2 cup mixed raisins and Goji berries
- 1/4 cup hemp seed
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- Dressing: 1 batch of Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing
- Your desired fresh or dried herbs
1. Chop vegetables and mix in a large mixing bowl. Reserve hemp seed and walnuts for sprinkling on top.
2. Make your Lightened Up tahini-Lemon Dressing in a food processor and process until smooth.
3. Tear the leaves off of the kale and rip into bite-sized pieces. Wash and dry kale leaves.
4. Mix the vegetables, kale leaves, and full batch of dressing (3/4-1 cup) in large bowl until thoroughly combined.
5. Place in fridge to ‘marinate’ for 10-15 minutes. Serves 4. Keeps in fridge in a sealed container for 1 day.
Lightened Up Tahini-Lemon Dressing
· 1/4 cup Tahini
· 3 garlic cloves
· 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
· 1/4 cup Nutritional yeast
· 2 tbsp Extra virgin olive oil
· 1 tsp kosher salt + freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 3 tbsp water, or as needed
I only used raisins, tomatoes, avocados, raisins, and red onion in mine. I could easily eat this everyday.
And to cap it off, I made a green juice: a handful of kale leaves, 2 cucumbers, 1 apple, and a dash of Queen Afua's Green Formula.
And speaking of Queen Afua, a friend of mine is transcribing the interview. (Finally!) I intend to have it live, in different parts, in early July!