Friday, September 5, 2008

Colon Cleanse: Days 8-11

Beet Juice

On Day 8, I had:
lemon and water, lots of it

tomato and avocado nori
kale salad


On Day 9, I had:
4 apples/1/4 lemon/3 collard leaves/2 kale leaves/1 tbsp psyllium juice
1 apple/4 carrots juice
1 apple/3 carrots/5 collard leaves/4 kale leaves juice
1 banana/1 peach/6 collard leaves/1 cup water smoothie
tomato and avocado nori kale salad
1 peach
watermelon

On Day 10, I had:
2 apple juice
kale salad
2 carrots/1 celery/1 apple juice
1/4 watermelon/5 collard juice
lots o' water and lemon
lemon/ginger/olive oil/1 cup water shake

On Day 11, I'm having:
2 peaches/2 bananas/5 collards/1 cup water
2 apples/1 celery/1/4 bunch cilantro/handful of parsley/1/4 lemon juice
2 apples/1/4 lemon/5 collard juice


So I switched some things up. I feel great drinking all of this juice. I decided to do a straight juice fast through September 23. Following the Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life book was getting too strenuous and stressful. I still like the book, and the recipes in it, which I am using, but to follow it to the letter was stressing me out. And food should be fun, whatever kind you are eating.


I also read in Cleanse and Purify Thyself by Richard Anderson, N.D., N.M.D., that bentonite should only be taken in liquid form. Oh, great. I didn't ingest that much of it in clay form, but things didn't move as much as I thought they should. So for now, it's pure liquid.


My strongest advice to anyone is to read a whole lot (see Step 2: read a lot of books) before making any major food shifts in your life. But I will say that going raw has been the best move I have made in a long time. What's been the best decision you have made regarding your health and food?

Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails