Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Kale Salad with Chipotle Dressing

Wilted Kale Salad with a Creamy Chipotle Dressing

From brownies to a salad :-). I know, right?

This salad comes courtesy of Russell James. If you sign up for his newsletter, you will get five free recipes. This is one of them.

Kale
2 heads kale
2 teaspoons salt
2 cups baby tomatoes
1 cup hulled hemp seeds

Dressing
2 avocados
1 chipotle pepper
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 teaspoons agave
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Remove the stems and then wash and cut the kale into small pieces. Place into a bowl, add the salt and massage it into the kale until it wilts and takes on a cooked texture.

Add the tomatoes and hemp seeds. Mix by hand.

Blend the dressing ingredients in a blender. Pour into bowl, and mix by hand.

Okay, I didn't have hemp seeds. I avoid them since the last time I had them, they gave me horrible stomach cramps. I added a little bit of nutritional yeast and more salt to this recipe, once I had mixed everything in. I enjoyed it, and so did my husband, and I would make it again. Russell also has a bread recipe I am aching to try. But I need to get some buckwheat and sprout it. Look for the bread sometime next week!

Up next: A plethora of juices!

Love,
Althea
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

camelia said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails