Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Berry Parfait


Berry Parfait

I'm still focused on green, healing foods, but when I saw 6 oz. of blackberries on sale for ONE dollar, and a pound of strawberries on sale for two dollars, I knew it was finally time to make a parfait. I have been dreaming of this for months. The minute I made the cashew cream sauce for the apple crisp, I knew that was the right sauce for a parfait. According Raymond, Rom, and my taste buds, that sauce was the right call.

This parfait consists of three things: blackberries, strawberries, and sauce. The cashew cream sauce is:
2 cups of cashews
two tablespoons of maple syrup or agave nectar
two teaspoons vanilla extract
Put them all in a blender. Add water JUST TO THE TOP of the cashews. Blend. Add more water until it's a creamy consistency. Make sure there are no cashews chunks. Add alternating layers of berries and sauce, and you've got a winner. Try it with other fruits too!

Buttery Peas
Since I'm making green foods, here's a winner for you: buttery peas. Easy, quick, and delicious! Just like cooked peas, but better for you. From Fresh by Sergei and Vayla Boutenko:

10 oz. frozen peas, defrosted in warm water
2 tablespoons olive oil or coconut oil
1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon sea salt

Mix all ingredients and enjoy! If you miss cooked peas, you won't after this one.

And thank you to everyone who took the survey so far. It's still open, so if you'd like to let me know what you'd like to see on my blog, you have until Sunday, May 3rd to answer.

Love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

ChocolateOrchid said...

Thanks for these yummy recipes!!

Unknown said...

I love peas, especially sweet peas, sometimes I dont even add butter...a lot of people I know add sugar to them, but if you have leftovers it leaves a layer of butter and sugar at the top of the container.

But the parfait looks delicious

Maybe we are rabbits said...

I've been thinking about making a parfait all week ever since you posted the recipe. I finally got the chance tonight, and it was worth the wait. Delicious!

Althea said...

Yea! I'm glad you liked the parfait.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails