Thursday, May 21, 2009

Juice Feast Days 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15

(no pictures today!)

Day 11:
mantra: I deserve financial wealth!
green pepper/cilantro/collard/celery/lemon
apple/carrot
apple/carrot
carrot/green pepper
green pepper/apple/lemon
mint tea
water

Day 12:
mantra: My mind is my greatest gift.
apple/collard/green pepper/lemon
apple/collard/green pepper/lemon
apple/collard/red pepper/lemon
apple/collard/yellow pepper/lemon
apple/strawberry
mint tea
water

Day 13:
mantra: The Universe loves me and supports me.
apple/celery/lemon
apple/celery/collard
carrot/celery
carrot
carrot/collard
mint tea
water

Day 14:
mantra: The Universe loves me and supports me.
green pepper/collard/spinach/lemon
apple/collard/lemon
apple/strawberry
carrot
carrot/spinach
water
mint tea

Day 15:
mantra: I love and support myself.
apple/lemon
apple/celery
carrot
celery/cucumber/lemon
carrot/collard
mint tea
water

Lot's been going on. Here's the update:

Sunday:
I won a digital camera at the gym where I work. It was staff appreciation night. The kids ran relays and had big fun!

Monday:
The worst day of the week. In short, I took LaVerne to get an MRI and carotid artery scan because of her seizures. She fought off the radiologist and the woman could not finish the exam. Today is Friday. I am still waiting to hear back from her doctor's office about a hospital that can sedate her in order to get the tests done. Believe or not, a very nice woman at LaVerne's doctor's office has called every single hospital in Baltimore. NONE of them can sedate her for both tests. Some will do it for the MRI, but not the carotid artery scan. Still waiting. But Monday stank. But I didn't emotionally eat!

Tuesday:
When two different people tell you the same thing, the Universe is trying to tell you something. My friends Eleanor Justice and Sherry Tuegel both told me to get in touch with my inner warrior goddess. I was down Tuesday. I won't lie. Eleanor asked me if any of the warrior goddesses like Lilith resonated with me. I said I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Alias. Those are archetypes, she said. Get it touch with them.

Then later, Sherry says to me, you need to get in touch with your anger. You're stuffing it down and it's turning into depression. She taught me "YogaBoxing." I really have to show it to you all in a video. (If you're interested, shoot me an email and I'll try to explain it. It's one of those things that needs to be demonstrated in person.) I introduced Sherry and Eleanor to each other afterward (this all happened at Mystickal Voyage).

Wednesday:
I got in touch with my inner Buffy. Lots of anger released. I felt clearer and lighter. Like I had lost weight in an hour.

I did something a friend of mine did 2 years ago. Again, at Mystickal Voyage (magical things happen at this place...I'm so serious), Bunky Bartlett declared to whatever name you use for God, "If You want me to teach, I need to win the lottery." Two weeks later, he won $82 million dollars in the Mega Millions lottery.

I made a similar declaration. I just said, "If You want me to homeschool, write books, and do all of these wonderful things, I need an in-person community, financial support, and lots of love around me."

And guess what? I WON forty dollars in the Maryland Pick 3 Lottery. I saw the number 306 on a door in my dream. I played it. It fell 063. Whoo hoo! It's a start!

Thursday:
I also realized something about homeschooling my sons, especially Raymond, my six-year-old. I'm throwing out convention. I had been following my county's grade-appropriate reading list, using workbooks, and he was bored as snot. He hates reading. In my juicing clarity, I thought, go with what he's interested in. He likes cooking and science. He's been exploring science with library LEAP kits (Learn, Explore, and Play) which are for grades 3 and up. On Wednesday, I got him science books from the juvenile non-fiction section for grades 5 and up. Raymond is six and can't read fluently yet. But yesterday and today, he ASKED me to read to him. He never asks me. I just do it. But getting him subjects he's interested in will improve his reading skills, I believe.

Friday:
I decided to end my juice feast tomorrow. I've had many breakthroughs and I'm breakthroughed out. I actually LIKE green juice. I'm ready to eat prunes and eat raw food. I'm going to start writing down what I eat to keep me honest. This has been an interesting 15 days! Thank you for coming along with me.

Love,
Althea
Share/Bookmark

3 comments:

Tina Beanie said...

Congrats to you! I did a 10 day master cleanse last Fall and I never, ever thought I would be able to go 10 days without eating. It make me feel like I could accomplish anything if I could do that. I recently did a 2 day an I am going to do another 4/5 day next month.

Kasi said...

Hello! I found your blog through the All Raw Directory, and I think there is a reason!
I just finished reading - and couldn't put down! - a book I think you might find insightful for homeschooling, especially for a young one not yet ready to read. The book is called "Homeschooling Our Children Unschooling Ourselves"
by Alison McKee. It is the story of a woman who decided to homeschool her two children at a time when there was not a lot of information out there on the subject, and what she learned - including stories about how her children learned to read, at their own pace, and in a way that kept them excited about learning. So I hope you check it out and get as much from it as I did! :)

Althea said...

Thanks Kasi and Tina! I appreciate you all reading my blog :-).

{{HUGS}}

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails