Sunday, October 10, 2010

30 Minute Vegan Blogging!


I'm vegan. I'm busy. I love to make food. I want to go to culinary school. "Cooking" (can I get a better word for "raw vegan food preparation?") is my passion and the way I best express myself.

I've gotten the green light to blog my way through 30-Minute Vegan from co-author Mark Reinfeld. I can only post 5 of the recipes, by publisher request. So my lovely readers will see lots of yummy food, but not many recipes (sorry). The cooked vegan dishes will be here. The raw vegan ones on my Raw Mocha Angel blog.


First up was Pleasing Greens Soup. I did this first because I had all of the ingredients already, except parsley. I used cilantro instead. Don't let my boring picture fool you. Me and Raymond enjoyed this. He even asked me if I would make it again. Having trouble getting your kids or grand kids to eat their greens? Here you go:

6 cups water or veggie stock
4 cups thin sliced dinosaur kale (or regular kale)
1 yellow onion
1 cup thin sliced celery
1 carrot grated (about one cup)
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons minced ginger
1/4 teaspoon celery seeds
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 cup minced parsley (tastes great w/ cilantro!)
1/4 cup soy sauce (I used Braggs Liquid Aminos)
3/4 cup cashews, potatoes, or rice

Boil water, kale, onion as you add the remaining ingredients. After everything comes to a boil, cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes, or until tender.

Blend in batches. This is HOT, so be careful. Cover the blender with a dishcloth if necessary. Return back to the pot and reheat, if needed. Serve immediately. Let it cool before you refrigerate it. Lasts 3-4 days.

Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails