Wednesday, October 13, 2010

I Interviewed Queen Afua!

I had the pleasure of interviewing Queen Afua last night, via phone. If you don't know who she is, Queen Afua is a healer extraordinaire. She is the other of the books Heal Thyself, Sacred Woman, The City of Wellness, and Healing The Angry Vagina (compelling...yes?).

I first read the original edition of Heal Thyself in 1999. I've been a fan ever since. Even though we've met twice, in person, it was the first time I'd had an in-depth conversation with her. It was a little out of body for me. I got it all on my digital recorder. It'll take me some time to transcribe the conversation, but I promise to get it live as soon as I can. Queen Afua has been a holistic healer for over 30 years, and has helped transform thousands of lives. I hope you all read the interview. She is an amazing person who has honored her calling. http://queenafua.moonfruit.com/

Love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

4 comments:

Caramel Bella said...

I can't wait to read the interview. I have the book but haven't read it yet! It's on the top of my list of books to read. I admire her work!

Pat said...

Looking forward to reading the interview. Her work has helped me a lot. FYI your blog is very inspiring. I headed for the Living Light Culinary Arts Institute in November, no small trip from Philadelphia :)

I was just about to order her clay for some healing issues have you ever tried it?

Althea said...

@Pat: I need to get her clay. She suggested I use it for my children.

And thank you for the compliment!

{{HUGS}}

ChocolateOrchid said...

How exciting! Can't wait to read this interview.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails