Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sight Words

Raymond and I are working on learning Dolch Sight Words. I had him write two of them, "ate" and "are." He also wrote them in a sentence.

The compound words are highlighted (mommy, daddy, and parents) with different colors. I saw a YouTube video about teaching children who have trouble reading. The woman said to highlight the different sounds.

A good Dolch Sight Word website is: http://www.mrsperkins.com/
I'm printing a free 35-page booklet as I type. I'll let you all know how it's going.

And Raymond and I have been doing the Kundalini Yoga Spinal Energy Series. I am a certified KRI (Kundalini Research Institute) Yoga teacher. The Spinal Energy Series is said to increase the cerebral spinal fluid to the brain. He likes it because it's very active yoga.

That's it for today! Thanks for reading :-).

Love,.
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails