Sunday, April 6, 2008

Day 6: Being The Change I Want to See

On Day 6, I had:
8 cups of water
4 cups orange/pineapple/banana/red chard/romaine lettuce smoothie
2 1/2 cups apple/ginger/broccoli/lettuce/collard juice
1 1/2 cups apple/beet/carrot juice
2 cups ginger tea
2 cups apple/collard/romaine lettuce juice
1 cup orange/collard juice

I had a lot of energy today until about 4:00pm, then I crashed like a rocket. Because I cleaned my house, played outside with my sons, made breakfast, lunch and dinner for everyone else, that, surprise, I was wiped out early in the day. And I remain completely pain-free on my cycle. I am in awe.

I officially hate smoothies. Too thick. I'm sure I'll go back to them when I start eating solids again, but for now, this is strictly a juice fast.

The major revelation came last night while I was falling asleep. The old adage "be the change you want to see" made perfect sense. I moved from understanding the sentence on an intellectual level to understanding it on a heart level. The state of our planet is a result of the feelings/thoughts/beliefs/emotions within us collectively. In other words, our outer world is a reflection of our inner world.

Taking that down to a micro level, and speaking only for myself, I see clearly why my life is the way it is. When my disabled relatives moved in, I was absolutely in a "lack" space. I'd always had trouble handling money. I always felt like I never had enough. I've had plenty, trust me. There is no reason why I should ever have had money problems. But because of my BELIEF about it, I squandered it. So in walks two women with no money consciousness whatsoever. They hoard everything (no so much anymore because I'm around) and the world is a dangerous place. On a very extreme level, the were reflecting back my own beliefs.

My outer world was only reflecting back my inner world. I get that now.

This was originally meant to be a 14-day fast and it will stay that way. I toyed with the idea of 21 days or 30 days, but the intent was to open up my heart center and that is what is happening. I do need some help though. As I write this, it is Day 7. The halfway point. I feel like I am running a marathon. Please keep up the emails and help a sista out!

love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails