Wednesday, April 30, 2008

I'm here, but my wagon is a mile away

Raw food is the truth.

During and after my fast, the hormonal issues and other negative symptoms went away. I thought that since my cravings for chocolate and sweets had disappeared, I could eat a bit of cooked vegan food.

Uh, no…

In the past week, here’s what has come ROARING back inside me:
-poor sleep
-psoriasis
-mood swings
-depression
-hopelessness
-foot pain
-intense sweet cravings
-brain fog

Goodness knows that raw food is the only thing that gives me the mental clarity I need to have a successful life. I am the emotional center of my household. I want to be focused, healthy, and present for my family.

The good news is that Tyrah, a woman who reads my blog in Australia called me a few days ago and told me that I would help a lot of women as a raw food coach. She didn’t know that I had already set that intention for myself. But I know I must be my own first successful client.

The other good news is that I had some time to myself during my yoga class tonight. I only had one student, and she really needed to relax. So I gave her a restorative yoga class, which uses blankets to gently open the body, allowing it to relax naturally. In that silence, I truly thought about my "why." Why do I want to be raw? And why was I able to stay on my fast for two weeks? My "why" for that fast was huge. I wanted to clear some emotional blockages. Do I not still want to do the same thing? So I am going beyond my mission statement, and posting my "whys" on the right side of my blog permanently.

Thanks for reading, and for all the encouragement. You all rock!!
love,
Althea ◦
Share/Bookmark

1 comment:

cy said...

"Trust the intelligence of your body and allow it to heal" ~Paul Nison

peace and strength go out to you on the continuation of your beautiful journey into radiant health. xoxo cy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails