Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Raw Food Cleanse - 28-Day Detox


(Warning: If you don't like reading about bodily fluids, then skip this post! LOL.)

Even the Raw Mocha Angel is not immune to scary germs that float through the air. Everyone I know is sick with some mysterious blend of the flu, stomach flu, cold, and/or pneumonia. I am near the end of my bout with "it-who-has-no-name." Walking Pneumonia? Influenza? I don't know. All I know was that it was not fun. The thought of an ER visit was enough to get me a healin'. When my mom said, "You'll have to get a chest x-ray to confirm pneumonia," I was like "oh-hell-to-the-knaw!"

Upper respiratory infections are not to be taken lightly, but I gave my healing one last huge push before I would ask my husband to take me to the hospital. (He'd asked me 3 times if I wanted to go to the ER. I kept saying "give me another couple of hours.")

My symptoms were: chest pain (my lungs actually hurt), a cough with very little mucus, headaches, extreme exhaustion, muscle aches, nausea, and occasional sneezing. Every time I walked, I broke into a sweat. All those symptoms are gone, except the nausea, which has passed. But today I have diarrhea.

(My five-year-old Jona had diarrhea this past Saturday, but he had no other symptoms. His diarrhea came and went. I, on the other hand, had no such luck.)

I ate fistfuls of garlic. I had garlic coming out of my pores. I drank liquids until I was in the bathroom every 20 minutes. I put my feet in a hot bath, and wrapped blankets around me until I was sweating profusely. I drank onion tea, garlic tea, ginger tea, peppermint tea, green tea, and a mix of hot water/lemon/cayenne pepper/honey tea.

I drank orange juice, apple juice, and finally, green juices when I had the strength to make my own. I rested as much as I could with two kids who want to be in my room when I am trying to sleep. I let them play. On Day Two, they both came up to me and announced, "Mommy is sick!" (Yes, Mommy is aware of that!) Blessedly, they are old enough to play without breaking something or someone.

 When I woke up today, I felt so much better. No ER visit needed, thankfully.

Since I'm already doing a year-long focus on my "internal greening," I decided to work through Penni Shelton's book "Raw Food Cleanse." She has 3-day, 7-day, 14-day, and 28-day cleanses in her book. I chose the 28-day cleanse. The first seven days are green juices, as seen in the photo! Days One and Two have been all about completely flushing out "it-who-has-no-name." The rest of my cleanse is dedicated to strengthening my immune system and increasing my energy.

Thank you for the loving messages!

love,
Althea

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails